How do I find conference or meeting proceedings at Wayne State University?
Many of the Libraries' research databases contain papers from conference or meeting proceedings.
All of the WSU databases are located alphabetically under Article Databases at this link:
In searching some research databases, you can limit to a specific type of document by
selecting "document, literature or publication type" to locate conference or meeting
Here are a few examples of some databases which can be searched for conference or meeting papers:
- American: History & Life limit to conference paper
- Biological Abstracts limit to meeting paper
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature) limit to the publication type, conference
- Compendex and Inspec (within Engineering Village) limit to conference article or conference proceeding
- ProQuest Research Library limit to conference papers & proceedings
- PsycInfo limit under book type to conference proceedings
- Sociological Abstracts limit to conference papers & proceedings
- Web of Science limit to proceedings paper
If you locate conference proceedings papers in any of these databases (above), they may or
may not be available in full-text. If a paper is not available in full-text, you can order it via
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) at this link: https://wayne.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/illiad.dll
You will need your WSU access id and password to login to ILL or to register for first time use.
Other discipline databases may also have the feature of limiting to conference or meeting
proceedings papers. You can contact the Liaison Librarian for your department to find out if
conference proceedings papers are available in the databases for your discipline:
Searching the library catalog for conference proceedings:
To search for conference or meeting proceedings in the WSU Library catalog:
Go to the “Advanced Search Mode” of the WSU online catalog at this link:
Then perform a keyword search, as in this example:
Select search by keyword (use pull down arrow to select the Keyword search)
Enter conference name and date: AMA conference 1987
You will then be taken to catalog record(s) for any related conferences sponsored by an organization such as the AMA (American Medical Association) in this example.
The location and call number of the conference in the WSU Library System will be noted in the catalog record if Wayne State has the item in the collections.