Skip to Questions



How can I get help with my research design and statistical analysis of data for my dissertation or research project?

Last Updated: Jul 03, 2017  |  286 Views
Was this helpful? 1   1


Wayne State's Research Design and Analysis unit, staffed by WSU's Department of Psychology, will provide assistance with the design of research projects and the statistical analysis of data. The service is available free of charge to Wayne State University faculty, staff, post-doctoral students, and graduate students. The service is not available to undergraduate students.

This service is not designed as a substitute for formal coursework on topics in research design and statistical analysis or for mentoring of graduate students by their thesis or dissertation advisors. In addition, consultants from the Research Design and Analysis unit do not function as tutors or supplemental instructors for individuals enrolled in courses. Rather, the service is designed to augment a researcher's own education and training in research design and statistical analysis. The unit can suggest methodological and analytical approaches and provide guidance for addressing issues that arise in the research process. In addition, they can provide assistance in the use of SPSS, SAS, and LISREL.

The service is staffed by and housed in the Department of Psychology. The office is located at 5057 Woodward Ave, Room 8402.3. Consultation is available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, contact the service by telephone at (313) 577-9992 or e-mail at Dr. Sebastiano Fisicaro, the director of the unit, can be reached at (313) 577-2812 or

Funding for this service is provided by Computing and Information Technology, the Office of the Vice President for Research, and the Office of the Provost.

Answered by Veronica BielatBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Live Chat

    Hours: Mon - Thurs 11am - 9pm; Fri 11am - 5pm
    JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.