Answered By: Veronica Bielat Last Updated: Jul 17, 2018 Views: 616
Alumni are reminded the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) allows access to many online databases from home, work or their local public library. Alumni may borrow books from the Wayne State collections (and over 100 other libraries) through MelCAT, if their local public library is a MeL member.
The Alumni Association recently stopped charging graduates for membership in the Alumni Association. Current members will automatically receive membership without having to pay the annual fee, and will receive an Alumni OneCard.
In order to receive Alumni Borrowing Privileges, the patron will need to contact or visit the Tierney Alumni Office where they will recieve their free OneCard.
Other Borrowing Privilege options for WSU Graduates who have not already joined the Alumni Association:
- Join the Alumni Association. Membership is free, and also entitles them to other benefits. See the Alumni Association website for details.
- Michicard. Check list to see if the patron's home library participates in the Michicard program. Patron must present their local library card with a Michicard sticker attached.
- MeL Visiting Patron. Check list to see if the patron's home library participates in the Visiting Patron program. This allows patron to use their local library card to check out WSU Library material in accordance to MeL circulation policy.
- Purchase Guest Borrowing for $25 which is good for one year from date of purchase. If Alumni opts to pay the $25 and then joins the Alumni Association within year of purchase the $25 will not be refunded.
Borrowing Privileges for WSU Alumni Association Members:
- Free borrowing privileges with proof of membership
- Check out a maximum of 10 books at one time
- 28 day loan, one renewal
- DVDs, videos, and all reserves material will be available for in-building use only
- Access to Storage materials
Can't find an answer?